- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked turkey
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 can (14.75-ounces) cream style sweet corn
- 1 can (15.25-ounces) sweet corn, rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups 2% milk
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, sliced carrots, and pinch of salt; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in flour till you get a thick consistency add in milk.
- Stir in the turkey and potatoes; season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add cream style corn, sweet corn, chicken broth; bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pot; simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand several minutes.
- Give it a stir and taste for seasonings; adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.